Friday 20 January 2012

It's been a while... so; BRUCE.


To everyone's (that's right, EVERYONE'S) glee, Bruce Springsteen recently released a track from his forthcoming album which I stumbled upon during my daily music blog grazes. 'We Take Care Of Our Own' is the gem of a tune, taken from Wrecking Ball. It's a delight.


However, for me, Bruce never fails. One of my favourite tracks he has ever written is 'The Wrestler'; the original soundtrack for Darren Aronofsky's film of the same name. Not for the feint hearted, the track is just beautiful. Springsteen often sings tales of life growing up in New Jersey, of love and of loss; but for me, he has absolutely nailed the sad-old-man vibe in this track (and of course I mean that in the greatest of ways).


The Wrestler: if you've never heard it, then why the hell not?




On a final note... as I'm sure everyone knows, Clarence Clemons, saxophonist in Bruce's E-Street Band recently passed away. Being a saxophone player myself, I've always idolised the cheesy-rock-sax solos (alongside Charlie Parker of course...) and Clemons was the best. Rest in peace, you glorious gem of a man. Clarence and Bruce; I shall forever salute you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment